Friday, January 12, 2007

Cycles

I have been reading mathematics once again. When not forced to do mathematics, mathematics becomes fun. Mathematics is a low-grade hedonistic pursuit for me. I can easily block out the world for many hours, not that I have any reason to block out the world.

I wish I had been good at mathematics when I was in college. The fault is mine, not my teachers. I became better at math once I left school and studied it on my own.

My interest in mathematics waxes in the winter and wanes once spring arrives. It is like my interest in country music. I see in my mind’s eye my math books tucked away once the trees are in full leaf. Until then, I have a new super-secret plan to avoid the inevitable. After all, I keep getting better at math.

That is enough about math, or rather me.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I like math more as well, when not under the pressure of grades.

Seasons Greetings.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

renegade eye,

Season greetings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home