Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Let's Talk Baseball

The Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Chicago Cubs tonight to put the Cubs one half game behind the Pirates for last place in the National League. But that is not what I want to talk about even though I am a die hard Cubs fan.

What I really want to talk about is White Sox baseball. As you well know, the White Sox won the World Series last year. The team did not have any injuries and the starters pitched very well. In fact, the Sox led from pole to pole in the regular season, then won an incredible 11 out of 12 games in the playoffs.

The White Sox are a different team this year, even though the only changes in their starting lineup are Brian Anderson in Centerfield and Jim Thome at Designated Hitter. Once again, they have had no injuries. They have trailed Detroit most of the season. Now, Minnesota has passed them.

A lot of White Sox fans assumed that the team would win the World Series again. The White Sox still have a decent shot at getting into the playoffs. Their current three game losing streak doesn't look all that bad, except it's September and they need to make up ground on the teams ahead of them.

I would remind the White Sox fans about hubris, but I don't think they would listen. I'm not seeing as many fans wearing White Sox hats as I did a few months ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home