Thursday, August 31, 2006

Iowa and a Crush

I am going to Iowa this weekend. I have a ticket to the first Iowa Hawkeye football game of the season. Naturally, I am totally stoked.

The excitement of the trip is completely ruining my concentration today. All I can think of is rolling through Illinois and Iowa tomorrow and seeing the corn one last time before it gets harvested.

I have been distracted this week anyway. I have an occasional crush on a woman I know. For some reason I started thinking about her on Monday morning and have been obsessed with thoughts about her since. This is something that has happened in the past. I am always relieved when the mood passes.

She likes me. (And what’s not to like? I am custom made from head to toe.) However, she would be surprised and a little uneasy if I tried to approach her in any other way than as a friendly acquaintance. But there are times when I wish she would lose control for one weekend just so that I could satisfy my lust if not my crush.

When the mood passes, I am mighty thankful she won’t ever let down her guard. I don’t want anyone to fall in love with me right now. It sounds terribly egotistical saying that, yet as difficult as it is to imagine, women have fallen in love with me in the past; love has unfortunately never been one of my strong suits.

Oh well, I am going to Iowa tomorrow and that ought to cure my latest bout with sappy romantic ideas.

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's two crushes in two consecutive posts. I think you've written about this lady before?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

anvilcloud,

I'm easily crushed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home