Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It could have been me

I was strolling home from McDonald's early in the AM last night when I witnessed a mugging and robbery on State Street just a few blocks from where I live. Once I recognized what was going on, I rushed to the victim's aid. He lost his money and cell phone, but the two guys who assaulted him left him his wallet. Nice guys.

I called 911 and checked his head for blood of which there was none. Two squad cars arrived on the scene within 60 seconds since this is a well patrolled part of town. They checked my ID and whisked away the victim in their squad car after that.

I was lucky. If he had not been walking along State Stree at the same time as me, then his fate would have been mine.

I'm home tonight at a decent hour.

2 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I was once mugged a few feet from my house. I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. I wasn't hurt.

Most crimes go unsolved.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm glad to hear you weren't hurt.

After my experience the other night, I can see why they go unsolved. The mugging was over before I knew what was going on. There's no way I could ID the guys if I had to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home