Monday, May 15, 2006

A complicated woman

I met a woman last week who is a bartender on one of the Amtrak lines. She told me she voted for President Bush twice, but now regrets it because she thinks he is trying to destroy Amtrak. When I asked her whether she had any other reasons to regret voting for President Bush, she said no.

We talked for at least four hours. She is forty years old, attractive, and a single mom with 16 and 22 year old boys. She smokes, drinks, and uses marijuana. She is saved and does missionary work overseas. She has a 30 year old lover and has had a stunningly large number of lovers before that.

She asked me some advice about dealing with her boyfriend. I told her not to get pregnant and to protect herself at all times since she was in the prime of life. That is the best I could do with my simple mind.

8 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger -epm said...

Given the apparent skills of reflection and observation possesed by your conversation partner, I think, perhaps, it is not your mind that is the simple one.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger beatroot said...

Forty, attractive, smokes, drinks and uses puff? Why didn't you give her my email?

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

epm,

I didn't ask her to reconcile her various political opionions. Life is short as they say.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

beatroot,

She's not from these parts, but if I run into her again I'll pass your e-mail address along. She does her missionary work in Eastern Europe.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger beatroot said...

Missionary!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger -epm said...

I didn't ask her to reconcile her various political opinions. Life is short as they say.

I suppose. But I always thought it was kind to point out when someone has spinach caught in their teeth, in a manner of speaking.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

beatroot,

Work, not position.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

epm,

There is spinach caught in your teeth, and then there is egg all over face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home