Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pardres 4 Cubs 3

I went to the Chicago Cubs game today. The temperature was in the mid forties and the sky was overcast. We were fortunate that the wind was not blowing in from the lake. That made it tolerable.

The Cubs blew a two run lead to the San Diego Padres in the top of the ninth on Mike Piazza's three run home run.

The Cubs have lost 14 out of their last 17 games and fallen 6 games under .500. It seems as though they will definitely lose more than they will win this season.

Cubs starting pitcher Kerry Wood is scheduled to return this week. With Derek Lee out until August and Mark Prior out until whenever, I don't think Kerry's return will right the ship.

I needed to say all this just to get it out of my system, and prepare myself for grim reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home