Monday, May 08, 2006

On being a piss poor Epicurean

I can barely type this morning. Each keystroke is an act of concentration and premeditation. I attribute the cause of my sluggishness to watching too much TV last night: Gilda starring Rita Hayworth and Glen Ford (“put the blame on Mame, boys”), Desperate Housewives, Jericho on Mystery, Master and Commander, and Edward Scissorhands. I admit my reasoning is hardly scientific.

Epicureans should take all their pleasures in moderation. Last night’s TV orgy, like other things I do to excess, seemed fun while I was doing it. I guess I’m a piss poor Epicurean too.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Blogger mikevotes said...

How many great stories have included the phrase, "It seemed like a good idea at the time...."

Besides, if you don't overindulge, you are not enjoying "the American way of life." And if that happens, the terrorists win.

Mike

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Mike,

Thanks. I feel like a true patriot which makes me feel better already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home