Sunday, December 11, 2005

World Football

They held the drawings for the World Cup football championshiip a few days ago. The odds on the USA to win are 90-1. I think, at those odds, I'll bet $10 on them in case lightning strikes.

I get the Fox Soccor Channel on my cable hookup. I follow the sport a little but don't know much about it except what the English guys I meet at the local bar tell me. That has not deterred me from contemplating wagering on the games in the English Premier League.

Seriously, just some small wagers as a goof.

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger curtis said...

Soccer is the best sport in the world. Seriously, I used to play in high-school. How nice to see someone else in America who takes some interest in it too. ;)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Curtis,

I don't know that much about the game, but I like following the World Cup and other big tournaments and leagues. I saw a couple of World Cup matches in Chicago in 1994 when the U. S. hosted the event, and it was a lot of fun.

I don't understand why the sport is not bigger in the U. S. since so many people play the sport in high school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home