Saturday, October 01, 2005

End of the season, but what about the philosophy?

It appears that the new season of Battlestar Galactica episodes is over. Last night's episode was a repeat. Oh well, Desperate Housewives started last week.

I searched Amazon.com to see if there was a book about Battlestar Galactica and philosophy in Open Court's Popular Culture and Philosophy series. Open Court publishes collections of philosophical essays about Seinfeld, the Simpsons, The Matrix, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc. I didn't find a title relating to Battlestar Galactica, but my brain is too lazy and addled to pursue it this morning.

I would think Battlestar Galactica is fertile ground for culture and philosophy essays. I suppose I'll have to do a Google search when I am up to it. I wonder if Zizek watches the show?

I am so culturally out of it and pathetic. I'd try to catch up, but by the time I got to 2005 it'd be 2015. I'll have to settle for bits and snatches as the opportunities arise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home