Friday, September 30, 2005

Scotland the Brave

I have heard Scotland the Brave twice on the radio the past two days. I see the men in their kilts, playing the bagpipes, and marching into battle where all virtue is stripped save for bravery and caring for the fallen and suffering, making life both simple and horrible.

The song transcends battle though. I feel a call to life and its potential when I hear the song. I feel it was important to have lived in this world no matter what.

From Raymond Carver:
Late Fragment

And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Cuppa said...

There is nothing else but this. To love and be loved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home