Monday, March 14, 2005

Mastery and Goals

Life is short. I have three goals: mastering all of philosophy and literature without bogging myself down by too much thinking, writing an entertaining novella that explains it all, and finishing my multi-volume novel about Angelic Aliens.

I almost forgot. I’d like to win an NCAA basketball pool this year. Plus, win a couple of small bets on some games along the way. In fact, if I accomplish that, I might just bag all my other goals in life. You know, quit while I’m ahead.

I reread the whole of Marx’s “Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts” yesterday. After reading a few pages, my memory kicked in and I quickly blasted through the rest of it. I’ll read a little bit more Marx, but let’s face, to even mention the name in passing makes you persona non grata.

I’ve changed my current reading plan again. I’ll reread some of the Heidegger essays, read some sections in the Hegel books on the shelf, and reread a few of the Freud essays. As for Vico, I’m saving him for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home