Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"The Angels and Us"

I just finished reading Mortimer Adler's "The Angels and Us". I am writing a book review and I will post it.

Let me give you a preliminary assessment. If you are looking for a serious well written theological and philosophical discussion of angels, then this is the book for you. However, if you are looking for a book that explains how angels can help you shop for tomatoes at the supermarket, get a cool date, or heal your child after you have backed over her in the driveway with your SUV, you might want to read something else. He does not mention Angelic Aliens, but I don't fault him for that. After all, you still have State Street for cutting edge cultural critique about Angelic Aliens.

Of course, Mortimer Adler's scholarship and erudition goes without saying. He unfortunately died in 2001. I was a big fan of his books and I still mourn his passing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home