Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Market Volatility

The volatility in the stock market is interesting to watch. It’s kind of scary too if you have some of your life savings invested in it. Of course, there is much white noise when the so called expert analysts explain what is driving the volatility. I like the softness in the housing market as an explanation best. My personal experience is that housing prices are not what they were two years ago.

We also have an interesting fiscal storm coming in 2010. Many of the tax cuts during the Bush Administration are set to expire. The minimum alternative tax for middle income earners is set to kick in too. Can anyone see a recession on the horizon?

I was thinking about running for President in 2008, but with the mess in Iraq and these various economic crises looming, I no longer think it is such a good idea. I know what you’re thinking. “State Street we need you in the White House now more than ever.” OK, I’ll think it over and let you know by the end of the year.

Google is letting a lot of spam into my mailbox today. I suspect it must have something to do with the market volatility--just kidding.

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep an eye on the real estate market (sort of a hobby) and, boy, is it tanking, with even more terribleness to come next year. It will affect the stock market and all kinds of stuff.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

rhea,

I am afraid you are right. I see the Fed did not move the interest rate today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home