Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wagering: the year in review and some basic rules

The American and European football seasons are upon us. The baseball season is winding down. It is time to take stock of how I've done this past year in my sports wagering.

I won some good money wagering on American football last year. Early in Premier League season, I hit some really nice 3, 4, and 5 team parlays and held my own the rest of the season. The football season was a definite winner.

I gave some of that money back during the NCAA basketball tournament.

I went on an incredible roll wagering on Cubs and White Sox baseball in June and July. I exceeded my winnings for the entire football season.

Damn, I was lucky this past year, for that is exactly what it was.

That brings us to a few basic rules about gambling.

Never bet more than recreational money.

Expect to lose in the long run.

Find the games where the house and bookie odds are least stacked against you.

Learn the rules and best strategies for the games you play.

When you win, pull your money off the table.

When you win, buy something nice for yourself as motivation for pulling your money off the table in the odd chance you win again.

Get lucky at the beginning of the game and stay lucky until the end.

It's that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home