Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Virtue of Vanity

I sat next to an attractive young woman at the ballpark yesterday. She was with her brother who was celebrating his 29th birthday. They were both very nice and a lot fun.

We chatted several times during the game. She seemed earnest and she certainly was engaging. I like talking to attractive women. It has become a hobby with me. As hobbies go, it is a fun one.

At my age, my long hair gets me more looks than short hair does. I at least get a first look. I was not getting that when I had short hair.

Vanity works positively sometimes. I do not feel as if I am an old man even though I know I am. For instance, I get along very well with all the people in their twenties that I know. Young attractive women talk to me more often. Some even hang out with me.

Of course, you are who you think you ain’t. Who am I? The question plagues me each day.

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hah! Younger women talk to old farts like us because they feel safe and comfortable with the geezers.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

And thank heaven for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home