Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fantasy Baseball; Real Clock Time

I woke at 2:45 in the morning. Fortunately, I have fantasy baseball to pass the early morning hours even on those nights when bats still inhabit the belfry.

One of the players dropped out of my Pippin’s league so we decided to conduct a random draft of his players. I spent the morning working on the draft and getting results communicated. Being the league commissioner is taking more time than I imagined. Things should settle down by the end of the week when I have the team broken up and redistributed.

I can see now that I will have to prioritize how much attention to give my five teams. The Pippin’s league, where I am in first place, comes first. I have spent a fair amount of time on one of my other teams. It is in position to move up in the standings from its current seventh place. That team will get second choice. I don’t know how much time I can spend on the others.

I had my daily lineups set early this morning, but fortunately noticed that the games in the northeast were canceled. Fortunately, I reset my lineups in time for the start of today’s play.

This is crazy. I suppose that was the point. Do another crazier thing and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home