Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Luminosity

I have felt that a poet participates in the management of the estate of poetry, of that in his own language and also that of world poetry. Thinking about that estate, such as it is at the present moment, I decided I could contribute to its possessions provided, however, that instead of theory, I brought to it something of practice

From the introduction to A Book of Luminous Things edited by Czeslaw Milosz

He goes on to do exactly that in his anthology.

There are certain days when only a book of luminous things will do whether poetry or geometry. One day, after I have completely lost my mind, I will no longer remember this. I will not be sad though. I doubt if it is possible to be sad when one completely loses one’s mind. We are mostly sad about the things we remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home