Friday, December 22, 2006

A train wreck

The days are getting longer now. I love it when they do. Winter in downtown Chicago is nothing to celebrate. It is cold, the snow quickly turns dirty and dark, and dog shit is visible everywhere.

But that is not what I really want to talk about. Actually, I don’t know what I want to talk about. That is a problem when you have a blog.

There is a woman I am trying to seduce. It is taking a lot longer than expected. I should have done it when it would have been easier. The problem is that I was not in the mood then. I hate moods. They come and go and you can never tell what obsessions may ensue. I know this obsession must arise from something perverse deeply embedded in my soul and all that, but it feels like this: if I cannot have her, I will simply die.

OK, I am trying to seduce two women. I wish it were as easy as getting them drunk enough. I cannot see what other choices I have though since both know me too well to go on a proper date with me. That is what becomes of being transparent. Three cheers for opaqueness and enigmas.

But that is not what I really want to talk about. What I really want to talk about is laundry, which I plan to do sometime today. I use Tide with bleach. Now you know one of my deepest and most closely held secrets.

Only three more days until Jesus’ birthday. I am glad he does not expect a birthday present. All he expects is that I cease being a sinner. Keep dreaming, Jesus.

Maybe, the alternative country and western music has me feeling so goofy, or maybe it is just the holidays plus the unseasonably warm weather in downtown Chicago.

Today, I am a train wreck waiting to happen. I should walk around all day with my eyes closed so I do not have to watch it.


Time to do the laundry and wash away some of the stains and blotches. Where did I put the Tide?

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Cheer to anyone using Tide. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home