Monday, October 30, 2006

A political conundrum

An interesting discussion at I cite has focused issues with the upcoming election for me.

The upcoming election is a conundrum for me. I am one of the people who would like to see the Democratic Party move leftward rather than remain Bush Cult Lite. I do not see that happening. I do not predict any change should the Democrats win Congress this time around.

Note: I am always tempted to substitute conservative for Bush Cult, but accuracy dictates otherwise. Old style conservatives are beginning to recognize that the Bush Cult has replaced their ideology with crony capitalism and crony Christianity. If you are not in the Bush Cult, then you are a leftist of some sort. Welcome to the club William F. Buckley.

Democratic politicians belong to an opportunist party. Whatever the current political climate dictates as prudent political message becomes the prevailing ideological message for them. All too often, they succumb to communicating Bush Cult Lite messages. Those messages have helped lead us to the Iraq debacle and other fine messes.

There are no alternative third party candidates for whom I can vote. Does compromising one’s vote completely compromise one’s ideals? I just do not know.

1 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger beatroot said...

Is dit possible to be a positive non voter. I am one of those. Have not voted since 1992. Party politics for me has ended. They are a shell of what they were. But it always feels bad when I don;t vote. It's very difficult. Now I just write about politics (and get involved a few issues) and try and influence things, a little, that way. The problem these days is not political - because there isn't any - but cultural.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home