Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Simple Lie

Yesterday, I cited a NYT story about the new Senate Intelligence Committee report concluding al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein were not linked. That came as no surprise to me. What I found interesting about the story was that President Bush said that Saddam and al-Qaeda were linked in a speech he gave two weeks ago.

The Senate report was based on a report from the CIA issued in October 2005. That means President Bush was lying when he gave his speech. It is simply not credible that the President did not know the contents of this CIA report to the Senate Intelligence Committee on a highly politicized matter.

He lied. That aspect of the story is not getting much attention. I imagine it is because half the country already believes he is a liar and half the country doesn't care one way or the other.

Meanwhile the death and destruction caused by the Iraq Occupation remains unabated with no end in sight. Oh well, President Bush now tells us Iraq was never about WMD and al-Qaeda. I suggest everyone draw their own conclusions without the help of Mr. Bush.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger -epm said...

What!? George lied!? Noooo!!! (as I wail inconsolably and rent my clothes) It can't be true. That damn liberal CIA.

I really wonder if anyone but the true believers really believe anything coming from this man's mouth. Bush and the entire regime are just one amorphous fog of deception, misinformation and felonious fabrication.

What's tho old joke, if he gave me the time and my watch agreed, I'd assume my watch was broken...

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

epm -

The next thing you'll be telling me is that there is no tooth fairy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home