Thursday, July 27, 2006

Goodbye to Pippin's

Memory being what it is, especially with us geezers, I remember it this way. In the Fall of 1990, my TV broke a day or two before the Michigan vs. Iowa football game. Iowa was ranked number two and and Michigan number one. So, I headed out into the city, with which I was not too familiar, to see if I could find the game. I happened upon a place called Pippin's on Rush Street, looked in the window, and saw they had the game on TV.

I walked into the bar, got served well by Amy, and watched Iowa beat Michigan on a last second field goal. I have been going there ever since.

Pippin's closes on Sunday for the last time. I won't bore you with the details about my time there between 1990 and 2006. But if you happen to be around on Sunday in Chicago, I'll be at Pippin's saying goodbye to the folks and getting righteously hammered. You are welcome to join me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home