Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Teri Hatcher's Face



The Irish Examiner tells us Hatcher horrified by mag's plastic surgery request.
TV beauty Teri Hatcher was appalled when she was told a picture of her face was going to be used as a demonstration for women who needed plastic surgery.

In an extract from her autobiography Burnt Toast, the Desperate Housewives star explains her disgust at the actions of surgeons who try to persuade people that they should go under the knife.

She writes: "It's true 40 was an amazing year for me. I got my first beauty campaigns with Clairol and Hydroderm…

"So you might understand my surprise when a magazine emailed me, cheerily informing me that they were going to print my photo alongside the opinions of a panel of plastic surgeons making recommendations as to the kind of 'work' I needed.

So I emailed back. I was horrified at the idea that some plastic surgeons who'd never met me and knew nothing of my medical history or my current health would make suggestions about how, under general anaesthetic, I could have cosmetic manipulations to improve my face and body.

"I wrote: 'Wow. First of all I am so sorry for your readers. I cannot believe this is what you want to put out there for women.'

"'What kind of message do you think you are sending to women, when you tell them that a celebrity - Teri Hatcher, a woman who has had a second chance, who has a great year, a great job, won awards, made money, and has a beautiful daughter - that even she needs plastic surgery to be 'better?'"


Smart move. Go with what got you there.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger -epm said...

I think Teri could benefit from an occasional burger with a side of fries... a little too Skeletoresque in certain unflattering light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home