Thursday, May 04, 2006

An oddly momentous number

I turned 58 years old today. So far, the day is bright and sparkling and everything you could hope for in early May. Hope evenly balances against anxiety. Grand schemes compete with mundane chores. For instance, my driver’s license expires today, so I damn well better get it renewed. Nothing else matters until that chore is completed.

I usually try to let my birthday pass without mentioning it. Such is not the case this year for some reason I have yet to discern. Maybe it is because 58 seems an oddly momentous number. However, when you factor 58 into primes it’s just 2 x 29 which is very uninteresting.

6 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Cuppa said...

Happy Birthday you old cutie you!

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Cuppa,

I'm blushing. Many thanks

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger beatroot said...

and may you have many more...

But the news about Rooney is....too much.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

beatroot,

Thanks. Rooney's injury turned out a lot worse than people thought. He's got be feeling pretty low. I'll bet Erikson would like to see the rest of the stars sitting on the bench this weekend.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger -epm said...

Cheers and many happy returns.

Good Lord willin' -- and the creek don't rise -- I'll make it t0 46 later this year.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

epm,

Many thanks. Of course, you'll make it to 46. You're still a puppy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home