Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Who are you picking, Lynn?

Last night I retired to the local bar with my NCAA basketball tournament bracket sheet and a mound of statistics, rankings, and ratings for all the teams. Each year, I enter one of those Internet promotional mega-pools, the kind with a kazillion entries. This year's promotion is $10 million if you pick every game correctly.

So, after a couple of beers, I made one simplifying assumption, and picked my alma mater, Iowa, to win the whole thing. The guy sitting next to me said he picked them to go all the way in his office pool, and he is not even from Iowa. So, at least two of us in the world need to get back into rehab.

Usually, I don't pick many upsets in the tournament because I go mainly by the betting futures. This year I picked plenty of upsets.

I plan on buying the condo on the beach in Kauai with my winnings, so I will start looking at Internet real estate listings today.

This is going to be good. In fact, I'm wearing my Kauai hat as I write this.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Will you be flying your favorite bloggers in gratis to share your joy with you?

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

Of course. Get your Hawaiian shirts out of the closet, and get ready to party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home