Monday, February 13, 2006

More Pocket Change

I got the urge to play a little poker after my last post. I won $.67 by the way.

I continued to think about how much I like to gamble while I was playing. Here is what I have decided to do. I will gamble a lot on sports and poker at the minimum risk free pocket change level rather than fewer times at higher stakes.

We talk about sports betting a lot at State Street as you know. I consider sports gambling a coin flip proposition. The challenge is to find the best places to wager so as to minimize the juice.

The United States Attorney General's Office says that Internet gambling is illegal. I really should not be talking about it here even though the law is not enforced. In fact, I read a recent article in the business news that said that several large Wall Street financial firms have sizable investments in overseas companies who run gambling Internet sites.

It has been said many times that life is a gamble. Capitalism is the ultimate gamble and the ultimate gambling addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home