Sunday, February 12, 2006

Learning football

I am trying to learn about football (soccer). I get Fox Soccer Channel on my cable hookup, so I have been watching a lot of English, French, German, and Italian league games. I have been reading a lot of news stories on the football Web sites. I think one picks up the patterns and flow of a new game by watching a lot of games.

A lot of American football fans say international football is boring. I don't agree. American football can be very frustrating to watch with its incessant commercials, timeouts, and delays between plays. With international football the ball is in play almost all the time. I like that.

It's been fun so far even though I don't know if I have learned anything yet.

Baseball will always be my favorite sport though. Speaking of which, it's coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home