Monday, February 13, 2006

Pocket Change

The place where I play poker on the Internet has penny limit Hold 'Em game which has become my game of choice. But why?

I used to play for much higher stakes. The interesting thing about the penny games versus the higher stakes games is that the players in the penny games seem to play better than the folks in the higher stakes games. You would think the opposite would be true.

Let us say on average a good poker player can win two times the amount of the big blind per hour. In my penny game that translates to 8 cents an hour. Assuming a lot of good players are in the penny games, the pure and real challenge is to beat them at the rate of a dime an hour.

Plus, playing an hour of penny poker means I am playing for far less than my pocket change. It's risk free gambling: merely a sporting proposition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home