Sunday, December 18, 2005

No Wimp Out Sunday

I decided to get down for a couple of football wagers today. I mean, what if the Bears went to their coach on Sunday and said, "coach, we don't feel like playing today?" It would never happen. And so it is with me. If you are going to be a player, you have to get up for all the games every weekend. Otherwise, just take your marbles and go home.

And I didn't use any sissified computer system to make my picks either. Here are my wagers:

* Minnesota +4.5 home vs. Pittsburgh
* Chicago -3.5 home vs. Atlanta

I picked Minnesota because they are on a roll and find a way to win, they owe me since I've lost a kazillion bets wagering against them this year, and I am still pissed off about the time the Pittsburgh Steelers beat them in the Super Bowl back in the Seventies.

I picked the Bears because the temperature dropped to single digits last night and no southern team is going to come into frozen Soldier Field and beat the Bears defense on a day like today.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I remember the Vikings of yesteryear. Their coach, Bud Grant, had a record of winning the big ones here, but it didn't seem to happen down there.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

Bud Grant got to the Super Bowl four times. Too bad he never won one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home