Saturday, December 17, 2005

Cold, Dark, and Back to Normal

My computer works again--almost. Thanks again to Devang for turning me on to HouseCall.

I still can't get Outlook to work with my SBC/Yahoo mail, but that has been an ongoing problem I've had with Outlook for about 8 years. That raises a question though.

In the era of Web mail where the inbox sizes are 2 gigabytes or more and high speed 24/7 Internet access is it necessary to use an e-mail client? It would seem a waste of time since I am never working offline anymore. I suppose I am the last person on the planet to figure this out.

I woke at 3:30 this morning. Now it's 5:15, cold, and dark. I think I'll crawl under the covers, read some more of Capital, then take an early morning catnap.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

In the past year, I've switched completely to web-based email -- gmail in my case. You can choose to access it through a mail program, but I don't bother. It may have mattered on dialup but not on broadband.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

I got a gmail account two days ago. I think I'll convert over to it eventually. I will try to be a little more organized than than I have been switching to my new SBC/Yahoo account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home