Thursday, April 26, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame and the bar, or the dirty old man dials it up one more time

It was another nasty day at the Wrigley Field yesterday. The wind, cold, and rain drove us to the nearby Goose Island Brewery bar after the fifth inning where we watched the end of the game. A young woman who was tending bar caught my attention, as she was pretty, had a wonderful smile, and bright Betty Davis eyes that lit up the room. I could not take my eyes off her. Fantasies help break up the monotony and make the day lighter. I never would have thought I would grow up to be a dirty old man yet I have. I suppose if one is nontoxic in one’s approach that it is not that big a deal.

After that, my great friend Tom and I went to a bar near his place. During the evening, I mentioned that I still had not met his girlfriend and looked forward to doing it. He called her up and she joined us even though it was past nine o’clock.

She is very attractive in the broad sense of the term. I can see why he has fallen in love with her. You also have to admire someone who will join two guys for beers after they have been drinking since noon.

Well, I am supposed to go to the Sox game tonight. Guess what? It is another cold, windy, and rainy day. However, it is baseball and you should not forsake baseball just because of inclement April weather. The real problem is that the beer does not taste as good when you are sitting in a cold rain with the wind howling off the lake.

Oh well, I resign myself to fate today. Maybe, I will meet the woman of my dreams at the ballpark.

Now, I must finish the four cups of espresso I have made to jump-start myself.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger janus said...

A young woman who was tending bar caught my attention, as she was pretty, had a wonderful smile, and bright Betty Davis eyes that lit up the room. I could not take my eyes off her.

i think that makes me a dirty young man. besides, it is hard not to be captivated by an amazing smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home