Friday, February 09, 2007

Hit and run avoided

Let me apologize for this post in advance, but I think the subject at hand has something to do with my writer’s block, and the only way to break writer's block is to write something for the public to read.

I have had this crush on a woman for several years. I finally asked her out on a date this week and she agreed. I regretted having done it shortly after I did it. One, she is very nice. Two, we are good friends, and I am trying to ruin a nice casual friendship by trying to get into her pants. Three, she deserves to go out with somebody much better than me.

The only excuse I can give is that I am going through one of my hit and run periods. I cannot control it.

The good thing is that tonight she told me were going out as friends only. Damn, she is a wonderful woman. Now, all the pressure is off, and she was the voice of reason, which is good, because I am never the voice of reason.

Now, I can concentrate on hit and run once again.

Who knows? Maybe, I will feel like writing again now that I am not absorbed in a date.

I know what you are thinking. State Street, you are so stupid for a man your age. I will not argue with you. Let us not forget that I am a total piece of shit too.

Oh well, I am off to suburbia tomorrow where it is quiet and I will not cause too much damage.

3 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Cuppa said...

Writing any sort of drivel at all seems to be a chore for me too these days.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That was me, not Cuppa.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

Glad to hear I am in good company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home