Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lost City

I have been reading physics. I recently plucked some old physics books off the bookshelf such as Einstein’s Relativity and the writings of Aristotle, Galileo, Descartes, Newton, etc. relevant to the development of the metaphysics of modern science. I read these books thirty years or more ago. I do not remember the questions I asked when reading them nor the perplexities they caused me. It is like returning to a city thirty years later and not recognizing the houses and streets although you have a sense of having been there before. My memory betrays me every step of the way.

Thus, I find myself in a strange forgotten city for reasons I do not know. Curiosity along with nostalgia often overwhelms practical concerns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home