Thursday, December 07, 2006

Entropy II

The temperature is in the teens Fahrenheit. The kind of day you just want to stay indoors. I have been studying physics and cosmology today, not a bad thing to do when your mind is not fit for anything else.

My lack of discipline dooms any useful project I can imagine. I do not approach anything methodically these days. A random focus from day to day overwhelms my efforts, even though I promise myself I will make a shortlist of things on which I want to concentrate. Entropy describes my life these past few years. I have broken all the symmetries.

However, today is the Christmas Party at the local bar with the money from all sales going to the employees, and I must make an appearance. That means venturing into the cold, and drinking even though my heart and mind is not up to it. Drinking might be the one symmetry I have not broken.

Tomorrow will be warmer I have heard. Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home