Sunday, September 17, 2006

Just Sports

I received the broadcast of the Iowa/Iowa St. football game yesterday. My alma mater, Iowa, won. This is a great sports weekend for me.

This morning I will get a live broadcast of the Manchester United vs. Arsenal football game. Man U. is undefeated after four games. Arsenal has had a disappointing start. They have not earned a win in there first three games. A draw seems imperative for Arsenal, but that is easier said than done at Man U.

After the Man U./Arsenal match, it's time for the Chicago Bears/Detroit Lions football game.

The baseball season is heading down the stretch with the Chicago White Sox fading in their attempt to make the playoffs and repeat as World Series champions--much to the consternation of White Sox fans. The White Sox tee it up against the Oakland A's in Oakland. Oakland has won the first two games of the weekend series. The White Sox dearly need a win.

After the Bears game, it's the Chicago Fire soccer game. The Fire, after a slow start, stand in second place in their division with good chances of making the playoffs.

I got my laundry done bright and early this morning, so I can at least say I did something productive today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home