Sunday, June 25, 2006

The end of an obsession: now what?

Now that the mighty State Street computer is restored to service, I’m a little at a loss as to what to do with the rest of my afternoon. But damn it’s nice to have Biker Bar Radio playing over the Internet while I write this.

I have spent the better part of two weeks trying to fix this damned computer. At some point it became a battle between me and technology. Rationality went out the door. My stubborn streak just would not let go of the problem for even an hour. The problem even haunted me when I went to Cincinnati for baseball last weekend. At least I didn’t take the damned computer with me on the trip.

At any rate, I am much relieved knowing I won’t have to worry about fixing the problem or waste huge gobs of time trying. Life is filled with all kinds of problems that need fixing and computer malware should not be one of them.

Not many people maliciously create Malware anymore. They do it for the money. Lots of companies love getting their hands on the information malware supplies. Plus, you can raid people’s checking accounts and credit cards too.

Enough of these somber meditations.

Compute safely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home