Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Some late night sports

Wow. It is almost 4 in the morning. Tempus fugit.

My impressions from yesterday have to do with sports. I don't think that is all bad.

England beat Hungary 3-1 in a friendly match tune up before the World Cup. The match was nil nil at the half. England scored two goals in the first five minutes of the second period. That made it academic the rest of the way out.

The press has fixated on Rooney's broken foot, but I say that England has a honey of a football team and is a threat to go all the way in the World Cup.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, the Cubs beat the Reds for the second day in a row. After the Cubs not winning a game last week, I am stoked about a two game winning streak this week for my beloved Cubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home