Thursday, May 25, 2006

At the Moment

A summer-like day. Partly overcast, warm, and humid.

Thoughts about the past and future don't count for much at midday. Only the moment matters. Time to pack a book, a notebook, and a pen in a canvas bag, and go out for lunch. After that, find a place to write for a spell.

I admit my failure as a writer, yet I cannot see beyond doing it for one more day.

Last year, I took a quiz on the Internet that predicted how long I would live given my life style and health habits. It predicted I should be dead. Now, I'm one year older, and with my cold lingering on far too long I wonder just how close I am from being gone.

Certainty is a very interesting question. I am almost certain that I will live in and for the moment this afternoon. But who can really say?

These days when I am relaxed at my work don't happen very often. I must take advantage of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home