Monday, March 20, 2006

Distracted

Writing has become damned difficult lately.

My opinions about current events have not altered. And why should they, for the world continues to go to Hell under leadership whose only goal is making sure it gets there as quickly as possible? Lots of people are writing about it; I have nothing to add.

I have answered all the big philosophical questions to my own satisfaction and prejudice except for the free will question, the one question whose illusions I am hesitant to quit.

My reading consists of political and philosophical articles scraped from the Internet, but mostly books on soccer that I enjoy and need for my current writing project.

I mostly listen to Country and Western music these days. Every year February and March drive me to it for reasons I cannot explain.

I went to bed last night thinking I’d break away from English football until next weekend’s Premier games. When I woke this morning, I discovered the next round of the FA Cup begins today, and runs through Thursday with all the games playing on TV. How could I have forgotten? Manchester City is home to West Ham today with both teams evenly matched in the standings. That does not prevent me from dearly wanting to pick the outcome of the match.

Maybe, I should return to the window on my computer with the manuscript in it, and try to write and make some sense, if only in private? Or I could suck it up and confront what is distracting me. Those seem the only options this Monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home