Sunday, December 04, 2005

Missed It

I read the New York Times Book Review on the Internet each day, but rarely look at what is on the bestseller list. I noticed this morning that President Carter's book, Our Endangered Values, has reached number one on the nonfiction bestseller list. The NYT has yet to review the book.

I talked about the book in a previous post. The book has resonated with the reading public. I recommend it to one and all.

I wish had explained my position about politics and religion as well as President Carter. I resolve to do better in the future.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger curtis said...

Its very odd that the NYT hasn't reviewed it. I'm suprised they would overlook something that clearly has had such an impact. Any thoughts as to why? I haven't been able to look at a copy in awhile- its been the LA Times or nothing for the past couple of months- but, I mean, what else are they reviewing? Based on your excerpt, I'd imagine there's quite a lot in the book that I'd disagree with, but its clear that it deserves mention in the newspaper claiming "all the news thats fit to print"!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Curtis,

I think the book snuck up on them. They usually review nonfiction books that look as if the they will make the bestseller list. Fiction is a different story. I probably would not have read the book if I had not seen President Carter on C-Span BookTV discussing the book.

My excerpt doesn't do the book justice. I would imagine you would be very sympathetic to President Carter's explanations of how his evangelical Christian faith has informed and guided his public and personal life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home