Wednesday, November 23, 2005

In Iowa

I'm in Iowa. And why not? It's god's country.

I left at 4 PM at the height of the rush hour traffic. It took me over an hour and a half to get outside of Chicago proper. I am not smart. When I do it right, I can get here in a little less than 4 hours. It took over 5 hours today.

I found a good Sixties oldies radio station during the drive. I sang along with songs like Only the Lonely by Roy Orbison, Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, and Garden Party by Ricky Nelson. My singing reached a frenzy when Amy by Pure Prarie League came on. I don't sing well, so driving through Iowa alone in the dark gives me a rare chance to let it all out.

I did book a nice room at a cheap price off of Priceline last night. I have free DSL too.

So here I am in Iowa, snug as a bug in a rug, happy as a pig in slop.

Don't be too jealous. Remember the famous line from Othello. "Jealousy m'lord, it is the green eyed monster that doth mock the meat it feeds on."

4 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynn,

I love you, but you're still a douche. Happy Thanksgiving.

Tom

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Tom,

Same to you, Mr. Smarty Pants. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger -epm said...

I'm in Iowa. And why not? It's god's country.

Obviously a man who's never lived and traveled the backroads of New England. :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

epm,

Much to my regret I have not. I used to often travel to Presque Isle, Maine and Florenceville, New Brunswick though.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home