Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Gullibility

The preamble to the Constitution of the United States begins, "We the People of the United States ...." What does that mean?

Some people have interpreted it to mean that all the citizens of the United States are the sovereign rulers of the country. All elected and appointed public officials are merely the instrumental administrators of the sovereign rule of the citizens. As an example, President Bush works for me; I don't work for him.

OK, you are laughing at me at this point. You think I'm hopelessly gullible. So, lets call the idea of citizens ruling a country an ideal and goal that has not always been realized in practice.

Well, Mr. Smarty Pants, how gullible was I when I doubted that Saddam Hussein had the weapons programs the President and Congress claimed he had before the Iraq War? Why did I wonder why international inspectors could not find any tangible proof that he had those weapons? Why did I feel that Secretary Colin Powell looked like a guy trying to pull off a big bluff in a poker game when he presented the so called evidence to the UN? Enough whys for now.

I'll be polite and not accuse anyone of lying about the WMD intelligence. I won't be polite about the incredible stupidity and recklessness of the Senate and the President. Now, they all admit that the intelligence was badly flawed. No shit!? That is not good enough for an explanation.

Honorable members of Congress and Mr. President you were the ones who were supposed to use your intellects and perform the intelligence task. You are accountable. I don't want to hear any bullshit story about torturing more prisoners to get it right. And just in case you didn't hear it the first time, you work for me. I don't work for you.

I have an idea, Honorable members of Congress and Mr. President. Why don't you all try to get one thing right before you leave office? Now, get the Hell out of my office before I get angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home