Saturday, October 22, 2005

Trivial thoughts about two books





















I think the two most important books of the past 150 years are Darwin’s On the Origin of Species and Freud’s The Interpretation of Dreams. I must take them into account, for they have influenced thinking far beyond most other books since written. They are the beginning of a different way to see the world and myself.

One remarkable thing about both books is that both authors have an agreeable and readily understandable prose style. Both writers lead me gently through their extended ideas and arguments. I read them and find my reading experience enjoyable and fulfilling.

I am fortunate to have made their acquaintance. If you have the chance, I highly recommend both books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home