Saturday, October 15, 2005

To the Library


Chcago Harold Washington Public Library

I woke up at 3:45 this morning and could not get back to sleep. The sun is finally rising as I write this. I see a sliver of light and redness in the east.

I read a little hoping I’d fall back asleep, but the book was too interesting. I got out of bed, made the coffee, read the NYT Sunday Book Review, and searched the Chicago Harold Washington Library catalogue for some books I want to read. I decided I will go to the library today.

It is a two mile walk south on State Street to the library. I will sit outside and drink a large coffee of the day at a Starbuck’s on the way home. After that, I just don’t know. I might sit on the deck and read some more when I get home. There can’t be more than a few short days when that will be possible.

It is growing light. I feel tired. I would like to go back to bed, but there is no chance of that.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm more likely just to be getting to sleep around then. I've had trouble lately.

I see that the Sox are doing rather well.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

AC,

I hope your back is not still giving you problems.

The White Sox are playing well and they've had a little bit of luck too.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger ~Jace said...

Hi Lynn!
You are a rather interesting person.
Nice picture by the way.
~Jace

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

jace,

Thanks. I checked out your blog,enjoyed it, and put it on my bloglines list.

I made it to library today and got my books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home