Friday, October 07, 2005

Don't Look at Me

I took the CTA Red Line from Chicago Ave. to Monroe. I saw Chicago police officers hanging out in both stations. I took the train from Union Station to Naperville. I saw Police officers at Union Station when I left and came back.

I didn't see anybody who looked like a terrorist though.

I saw a woman on the train who was strikingly beautiful in an unusual way. I think it was her gray eyes and long angular face. She and her young son and husband got off the train ahead of me. I followed them into Union Station. Her son had an angelic face. They all looked very happy, but I had the feeling that they were not rich although they looked like they should be rich. I think it was the slacks and coat she was wearing. They didn't seem quite up to scratch for Friday night in Chicago. Maybe, she was a person totally confident with herself and it didn't matter what she was wearing. (Of course, I look like a bum all the time. I try to cultivate the grizzled curmudgeon look even though my face is angelic too. That's why people pick me out of crowd and ask for money.)

When I lost sight of them, I remembered I won my White Sox bet, $14.50. Then I walked out into the chilly Chicago evening and walked the two miles home instead of taking the CTA or a cab. That is a dangerous walk given all the crazy people driving around on a Friday night.

I am really tired. I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home