Friday, September 16, 2005

Faith and Certainty

One question that interests me most is the relation between faith and certainty. I have designed a course of reading for myself for this Autumn I hope organizes some of my thoughts. It goes like this:
  1. Selections from Montaigne's Essays,
  2. Kierkegaard's Fear and Trembling,
  3. Nietzsche's On the Genealogy of Morals,
  4. Wittgenstein's On Certainty,
  5. Lakoff and Johnson's Metaphors We Live By
It's all stuff I've read before, but long ago. I'm excited. The tricky part will be picking out which of Montaigne's Essays to read.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

... meanwhile, Anvilcloud is lining up his favourite Reader's Digest condensed books ...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Anvilcloud,

The part I didn't mention is that I'll be reading the Reader's Digest versions of the books I mentioned. Don't tell anybody, OK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home