Thursday, September 15, 2005

Reading Glasses

Where do my reading glasses go when they leave home? Why don't they enjoy my amenities?

I only use them in dimly lit places, or when print is terribly small such as the disclaimer on the back of a consumer product.

I discovered the other morning the glasses I was wearing the day before was missing the right lens. I searched for my backup pair of glasses, which once lay waiting by my computer, and found them vanished.

My reading glasses live in a Haruki Mirakami story where people, animals, and objects mysteriously vanish into an unseen world. That's why I buy them cheap, two at a time, at Walgreen's.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Freethinkier,

Glad you found it useful.

I checked out your blog, and added to my list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home