Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Fat Old Pig


I realized Monday morning that I could no longer avoid it, diet and exercise that is. I have grown into a fat old pig.

So, I promptly started a modest exercise program, and what for me passes as a change in diet. The nice thing about the exercise is that I get the little buzz or high afterwards that I enjoyed when I was a devout 50 mile a week runner.

My goal, fit into the blue jeans I wore four years ago.

Of course, I still have to confront my whiskey, beer, and cigarette addictions. I think I'll quit smoking first and work on the beer and whiskey later.

"Rome was not burned in a day." Bo Hopkins in American Graffiti.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good luck with this battle, for that's pretty well what it is. There's so much temptation out there, and I have been falling into it rather much lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home