Saturday, May 14, 2005

Reading ADD

Last weekend I read Freakonomics, a book my friend Tom gave to me for my birthday. The book has gotten so much media coverage I won’t say anything other than it is a darned good read. Thank you, Tom.

I have been rereading Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil this week. I first read it while attending the University of Chicago’s Basic Program. I am reading it a second time to put the book into perspective with my recent philosophy reading. So far the perspective eludes me.

However, given my attention deficit disorder when it comes to reading, I started reading Auster’s Oracle Night last night, and today I started reading Rorty’s Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature. I am already hooked on both books.

I guess Nietzsche will have to wait a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home