Thursday, May 12, 2005

Blogging Angst

I have had blogging angst for the past week. I won't say much about it since a-sdf says it well and better than I can.

Blogging is mostly about informal professional associations and the people who integrate themselves into those associations. The groups that get formed are interesting and myopic too. There is a lot of self congratulatory back slapping over reasonably banal comments. There are groups vituperatively opposed to each other, and that sometimes makes for entertaining sport.

But what does it mean? I'll still read the big U. S. newspapers online each morning, browse Arts and Letters Daily next, then go to the little blogs I like. I know I could live without the larger informal professional association blogs if I had to--not that I'd want to.

As far as politics goes, I am pretty much a "scratch where it itches" kind of guy. I can be walking to the bank to deposit my dividends check while imagining building barricades in the street to protest the latest political goings on.

Well, I just blogged some. What more can I say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home