Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Camus, Sartre, etc.

I didn't think I'd get around to blogging today, but I'm addicted.

I started reading Aronson's Camus & Sartre: the story of a friendship and the quarrel that ended it last night because, well, the NCAA basketball final was kind of boring. I am really enjoying the book.

I have always been interested in that place and time in history. I wrote a novel three years ago about Paris at the end of World War II. All the folks were in it such as Camus, Sartre, and Beauvoir. I was inspired by Camus's The Fall. The protagonist was my father as I imagined him at the end of World War II.

I did a lot of interesting research for the book. However, the novel suffered from a lack of confidence, courage, imagination, and style. Other than that, it was OK.

At any rate, the fish weren't biting. I might take another stab at it one day. I'd sure like to make it better than Beauvoir's The Mandarins--not that I dislike her book.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger beatroot said...

I know what you mean by addictive...

Please, please take a another stab at the novel...it is much easier to publish a limited edition of your own now...if that sells a bit it is much easier to then take that to a real publisher. My mate has just done that in London and it appears to have worked.

On more serious matters...Arsenal are in Turin tonight defnding 2 goal lead. They are taking another attacking team, so they won;t be camped out in their own penalty box.

It's going to be a nail biter...

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

beatroot,

Thanks for the tip and the encouragement.

I'm getting one of the CL games on TV today. I hope it's the Arsenal game. The Barca game could be a good one too.

I bet the draw in the Milan/Lyon game yesterday. Ouch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home